Saturday, July 19, 2014

The things we do for fun (and we're not sure why)

The children of an elderly neighbor who recently passed away (at a few days shy of 101! living on his own!) gave us this dresser when I mentioned that I liked it. I told them I could give it some love and they wanted to give it to someone who would enjoy it in their home.



The bones were there but the finish was less than desirable.




So we stripped it...




And applied a dark walnut Danish Oil treatment...



And we ended up with this. 





It was surprisingly easy. And doesn't it look lovely next to a play kitchen? (the picture's not great - taken at night.)


I'm not sure what we'll do with it, it doesn't necessarily match our other furniture, but I loved the look of the piece and it's nice to bring something back to life. 

1 comment:

Peggy (GG) said...

Lisa, I love the finished product! Retro is back and it looks beautiful. Amazing what "real wood" looks and feels like:)